Considering purchasing a new home can be a challenging decision for you. It need not be if you have the right experienced professional on your side guiding you through the process. Remember when you go to a new home site without representation you have no one on your side guiding you through the maze of decision.
We at Home Solutions Realty Group have 20 years’ experience plus helping you chose the right home for the right budget an make the decisions that can save you money! Below we have outlined the 10 most important facts you should know a d understand before getting started.
1. Use your own Broker/Agent
ALWAYS use your own Broker/Agent; doing so will help ensure that you get what you want. Understand that the sales reps you meet at a new construction community are likely really representatives of the Seller – the Builder, corporate owners, developers, whomever – that are there to present their product, answer your questions … and do the best job for the Seller that they can.
2. Don’t expect price reductions
3. Look instead for builder concessions in the form of additional upgrades
4. Builder incentives in the form of interest rates, etc., may not be coming from the builder
5. Expect to use the builder agreement and addendums
6. Builder warranties vary
7. The floor plan isn’t the floor plan
8. Rarely can you modify the floor plans
9. Expect changes
10. Expect about 5 months after permit or approximately 100-120 days after lumber drop
11. Add an extra month or so to the anticipated build-out time
12. Be sure to include your Broker/Agent in every walk through; cc them on all conversations, etc.
13. Don’t expect perfection
14. Walking the site will get you into trouble
15. Be nice to the foreman! Bring Coffee= Best Friend
16. Take lots of pictures
17. Ask for leftover paint, vinyl, granite tiles, carpet scraps, etc.
18. Do your own inspection
19. The “certificate of occupancy” is probably not a certificate at all
20. Move-in day is the sweetest day on earth
Looking for new construction in the Tri- County Area give our new construction team a call us and ask for Len DeFinis
Office 215-969-8989 Cell : 215-681-3259
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES